Early last year, I attended one of the best training conferences that I’ve ever experienced. In fact, it was so good, I attended the same conference held later the same year! I agree with Michael Hyatt when he states,
“Without a platform—something that enables you to get seen and heard—you don’t have a chance. Having an awesome product, an outstanding service, or a compelling cause is no longer enough.”
The Platform Conference (http://www.platformconference.tv/) was hosted by Michael Hyatt (publisher, literary agent, and New York Times bestselling author of Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World), and Ken Davis (best-selling author, frequent radio and television guest, one of the country’s most sought after inspirational and motivational speakers).
The primary objective of the conference is designed to give you an unfair advantage in elevating your platform.
I certainly cannot say it any better than one of the speakers, Ray Edwards (www.RayEdwards.com),
“I attend a lot of conferences, and this one is a five-star production. The thing I got that I didn’t expect was the courage to dream a bigger dream, to have a bigger vision and to be committed to going out and doing something bigger than what I thought I was going to be doing when I came in.”
Every person should consider attending the Platform Conference because of three tremendous benefits.
The speakers are some of the most successful experts in their fields that taught me exactly what to do and how to do it.
- Their lessons equipped me to take action, and I also benefitted from their personal examples of building their own successful platforms.
- They equipped me with practical, real-world strategies that I could immediately start using and applying to build my platform.
A Roadmap to Growth
I learned how to get attention for my brand, turn followers into prospects, prospects into customers, customers into evangelists, and grow my business by using a five-part framework:
- Start with WOW – Ken Davis (www.KenDavis.com) said, “Not only create a WOW platform, but be a WOW person.” He also encouraged us to ‘be you’, be accessible, be generous, be positive, be passionate, and be honest.
- Prepare to Launch – Michael Hyatt (www.MichaelHyatt.com) advised us to define our audience, develop our value proposition, come up with a compelling brand slogan, have an engaging head shot on you website, and use simple graphic components.
- Build Your Home Base – Jeff Goins (www.GoinsWriter.com) compelled us to own our identity, to pursue our passion, and build community. Ray Edwards explained the process of writing to sell – identify a problem, amplify the problem, tell a story, give a testimony and how transformation took place, make an offer, and ask people to respond. Cliff Ravenscraft (www.PodcastAnswerMan.com) talked about the benefits of podcasting.
- Expand Your Reach – Lysa Terkeurst (www.LysaTerKeurst.com) asked three questions – Who are you to other people? What do you offer? How are you different? Amy Porterfield (www.AmyPorterfield.com) explained why FaceBook marketing is your most powerful lead generation tool.
- Engage Your Tribe – Derek Halpern (www.SocialTriggers.com) said, “It’s not what you sell but how.” Stu McLaren (www.stu.me) declared, “People don’t buy information. They buy the convenience of getting a solution from a trusted source.” He also said, “People come for the content, but they stay for the community.”
The Platform Conference was a great place to network with other people of like mind! My new friends inspired and encouraged me to immediately start putting into practice these time-tested, proven solutions.
I saw public speakers, authors, bloggers, business owners, entrepreneurs, and nonprofit leaders – all benefiting from the conference. This event is for anyone who has something to say, share or sell.
Whether you are just starting or have an established business, you’ll walk away from this event equipped to grow your platform to the next level.
Would you like to successfully build, control, and grow your platform?
If so, consider signing-up for the Platform Conference. The next conference will be held in Colorado Springs at the Broadmoor Resort and runs from November 9 through 11. I guarantee it will separate you from the pack and catapult you toward your end-goals. And the best part is that expanding your platform has never been easier!